Friday, February 27, 2015

More snow!!

Still in pajamas, Cameron threw on his sisters boots and asked to go outside while it was snowing Thursday.  I made him put on a hat and jacket and decided to take the camera! This is the first time I've ever let him play outside in the snow; he loved it!

Trying to catch snowflakes in his mouth!

I spent most of Thursday scrubbing the kitchen while Cameron watched way too many episodes of Mickey Mouse clubhouse!  The weather cleared up and after Philip brought Raegan home from school I had a chance to go to the chiropractor for a much needed adjustment and neck decompression and then to yoga! (Best Christmas gift ever honey!) and because I was feeling extra spoliled and FREE I made a trip to target in my yoga clothes and wandered around, chatted with some friends I ran into, and bought a cart full of things that I didn't really need and a bottle of contact solution that I really did need. ;) (I really overuse that winking smiley face, I know.) 

So then came Friday, snow started while we were rummaging around the kitchen for hot chocolate, cereal, and waffles (the frozen kind). The front yard looked like this when Philip left to take Raegan to school.
Then two hours later looked like this:
And it didn't stop...

I didn't let the little guy out to play in it, just too cold, instead Cameron found unique ways to play inside.
Hitting a balloon with a wooden kitchen spoon (who needs expensive toys anyways!)
Hiding under the laundry basket, while mommy does laundry.
Throwing all his toys out of the cabinet and using it to play peek-a-boo with mommy!

School closed almost as soon as it got started.  Philip was already at work but went back and picked up Raegan and kept her with him until he decided the road conditions were just too bad and he wanted his employees to get home safely.  So he closed the store at noon, which is a big deal, because 12-1 is generally their biggest sales hour.  It had to be really bad, for him to close before lunch.  

We also decided it would be best for him and Raegan not to try and make the drive home, but instead stay at a hotel across from the restaurant.  Sounds crazy I know, but I just couldn't let him take the risk of driving home on a long, curvy hwy, when a fatality accident had already been reported nearby that morning.  It turns out it was also a good idea because he would be able to determine the plan for closing or delaying opening in the morning without having to drive out in the bad weather before the crack of dawn. The bad was, this wasn't planned for so neither one of them had a change of clothes, Philip had to buy a phone charger, and the hotel was filled with a bus full of high schoolers!

They did make it home Saturday morning. Philip had to turn right around and head back up to work to complete end of month duties.  I took the kids out to play for a lil while.

These are deer tracks through our front yard. Some of them were about the size of a small child's foot! 


Oh Mr. Sun, sun please come out and play!!! We miss you!












No comments:

Post a Comment