Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

For Christmas this year we made chocolate chip cookies and left them out for Santa on the night of the 23rd.  Santa had to come to our house a night before everyone else, since he knew we were going to be in Texas Christmas morning.  Raegan didn't mind ; )
Thursday morning the three of us got up early (not any different than our normal routine) and opened stockings and our gifts to each other.  Raegan got a pair of black boots, Elmo house slippers, a striped beanie, an Elmo toothbrush, Thomas the Train toothpaste, and two shirts.  She also got to open one of her presents from Grammee and Papa Smith which was a table and 4 chairs for her playroom.

After all the excitement from opening presents, we finished packing and headed towards Texas.  On the way Philip wanted to stop and get a drink and we decided it would be faster to go through the McDonalds drive thru rather than walking into a convenience store.  Anytime we go to McDonalds (usually only go to the one inside of the grocery store) Raegan gets apple dippers.  This time we ordered some for her and when I handed them back to her she flapped her arms indicating to me she wanted chicken not apples.  Crazy girl it was like 9 in the morning, I assured her that she could have chicken later that day. 

The drive to Texas went pretty well, until we got in Dallas,which is when the rain really picked up the water wasn't draining off the roads.  We saw 4 wrecks within just a couple miles and our SUV kept hydroplaning as well.  I was terrified and just sat in the front passenger seat with my eyes closed and kept reminding Philip to slow down.  When we finally got out of the rain, we stopped for lunch at the Chick-fil-A in Forney, TX.  We let Raegan play for a little while (since she had been such a good backseat passenger for the past 3 hours) and ate lunch.  By the time we left Chick-fil-A, the rain storm had caught back up to us :( but luckily my speedy husband had it beat again within about 30 minutes so the remaining drive to Tyler wasn't so bad.

As soon as we got to Tyler, we went straight to Philip's grandmother's house.  We usually only get to see her once a year.  Here's a picture of her and Raegan.

Using Shutterfly we made her a 2011 desk calendar.

We spent Christmas Eve at the Fritcher's (Philip's family's friends).  Sarah just had a little girl, Addison, earlier that week that we all got to ooh and aah over.  She was only 6 1/2 lbs., which was too tiny for me to hold.  Raegan was nearly 9lbs. when she was born, so Addison looked like a little doll to me.  So precious and such a good baby, she slept nearly the whole time! I don't remember Raegan's first days/weeks being like that!?!

We stayed at Philip's parent's house and woke up to lots of presents and stocking stuffers Christmas morning! Cindy made homemade donuts with powdered sugar on them.  Raegan spent the majority of the day playing in her new Cozy Coupe Car its red and yellow and was a handy me down toy from cousin, Brooklyn.  It's just like new and she loves it!  I haven't actually heard her call it a car yet though, she usually calls it "choo choo" she's on a train kick lately... any large/loud car, dump truck, tractor, etc... must be a "choo choo."

We also visited Philip's aunt's house, where Raegan got to play with her cousins.  She is the youngest right now, but Scarlett is only 6 months older than Raegan, and Brooklyn is 6 months older than Scarlett. My are we going to be in trouble when they are teenagers!  Here's a picture of the them coloring.

Sunday evening Philip drove me and Raegan to the airport and we flew to Midland.  The plane wasn't full so Raegan got to sit in her own seat, much calmer and drier (that's another story) than on the two flights back to OKC when the wiggly little thing had to sit in my lap. 

Raegan and I spent 4 days and 4 nights at my parent's house.  Side note: prior to us visiting my parents every man older than say 40 (or younger is balding or graying) was called "papa" this included Papa Ron and Santa Clause of course.  So it was no surprise to me that my father would too get the name, "papa," from Raegan.  What shocked me though was Tuesday morning when we woke up, Raegan asked me "where's papa?" I said, "he's at work." Then she said, "where's gigi?" I was like hmm that's weird I think she just said "gigi," I was like let's go see nana, the name my mother had decided she would like to be called prior to Raegan's birth and the name which appears on nearly every gift/sentiment I have given my mother since Raegan's birth.  Later that morning I heard Raegan say, "gigi" and point to my mom again.  I told my mom that I thought Raegan was calling her, "gigi," she looked surprised as well, but said that would be fine.  The rest of the trip it was certain that Raegan had named my mother "gigi," ever since we've been home Raegan is constantly asking me, "where's Gigi," which I always reply "in Texas." 

While we were in Midland I got to curb my mexican food cravings at Jumburrito, La Bodega, and Rosas.  I was super bummed that Oscars was closed the entire time I was there : ( I sure do miss that place, if I was really really wealthy I would pay them large sums of money to open one up, heck I'd even figure out a way for my HOA to donate a piece of land for them to put it on!  Then I would truly enjoy living in Oklahoma!

My mom took that whole week off and together her, Raegan, and I went shopping at the mall, HEB, and the Health Food store, had breakfast with the Patterson's and Brown's, and visited the museum of the Southwest.  I also took advantage of the free babysitters (aka grandparents) and went and worked out with my sister and went to dinner with an old (as in since toddlers) friend of mine, Shannon.

Here are a couple of pictures from our Midland trip:


No comments:

Post a Comment