Sunday, July 6, 2014

Friends and fun on the 4th!

This weekend marks our 1 yr anniversary since moving into our home.  We celebrated the 4th with some of our best friends from Amarillo.



We met Jackie and Tim during college when they lived next door.  One day I called maintenance because water was leaking through in our dining area of our townhome.  We lived between two other units and I was pretty sure which one the water was coming from.  Jackie (who I hadn't met yet) knew about the water, but wasn't home and hadn't called maintenance yet because they didn't know about her sweet puppy maverick yet.  So I think I kinda got her in trouble when maintenance opened her door to find a flood and puppy chew marks in her  apartment.

Sorry Jackie! But the "great flood" brought us together and even with an unfortunate start our friendship has been great ever since.  Jackie is the kind of friend that we don't have to keep up with each other every day but can pick up right where we left off months ago like no time has passed. 

Even though we live far apart we try to see each other at least once a year.  Tim and Jackie have two daughters who are each 3 months younger than my two kids.  So when Jackie told me she was pregnant with their third I was like but wait I'm not 3 months pregnant!  They are expecting a lil boy in September who I know his big sisters are just going to adore!  

Here are some pics of Raegan and Maddie throughout the years.

Summer 2009

Christmas 2010

New Years Eve 2011

Spring 2013

Summer 2014

These two stayed up late giggling three nights in a row.  Raegan gave Maddie a BFF necklace, they played Little Mermaid in the pool, went fishing with their daddies, cheered at the 4th of July parade, and they fought like sisters ;)

Here are the little rugrats:

This weekend was great just spending time with these long time friends! Love them!











No comments:

Post a Comment