Monday, January 25, 2010

Changing times

So this morning when I dropped Raegan off at daycare, her friend Garrett (a boy at least 6 months older than her and about twice her size) ran up to her and kissed her on her cheek! First kiss at 10 months old, geez! :) Raegan turned 10 months old yesterday, I can't believe she's growing up SO fast! Right now she's walking around (holding on the ottoman) and munching on an animal cracker.

Seeing Raegan eating so many new foods, makes me think about how one day I won't have to pump anymore. I won't miss waking up in the middle of the night to sneak in an extra pumping session and trying to make just 2 more ounces for Raegan to take to daycare. I won't miss washing bottles every night. But I've been thinking about it and I think I'll really miss my pumping sessions (aka my alone time).

During the work week I have approx 2 hours of alone time each day. 30 minutes morning drive, which I usually spend signing worship songs and talking to the Lord, 30 minutes for lunch and my first pump break, another 30 minute pump break in the afternoon, and an approximately 30 minute drive home from work which I usually spend catching up with friends or family on my cellphone. Being a public auditor I don't have my own office, instead I work with many other people from our laptops usually in tiny, unairconditioned/unheated, windowless rooms with internet and power cords strung around. Being a new mom and newlywed there is never a time at home when I'm alone. Once I stop pumping I feel like that alone time will only diminish even more.

Philip wanted me to share that right now the Baylor men's basketball team is beating Kansas State (#15) who beat Texas (who was #1) earlier this month! Go Bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment