Saturday, January 23, 2010

No more peanuts!




Wow, what a long week! Last night Philip, Raegan, and I went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse, because Philip was craving peanuts and a good steak. We were surprised by how busy it was, we had to wait over 30 minutes. Raegan was entertaining, waving and smiling at all the other guests waiting to be seated. Once while Philip was holding her she even got a hold of a ladies pretty curly hair! The lady didn't seem to mind that our daughter was yanking at her curls though, lol!

Raegan has gotten so much better about eating foods! She still won't let us feed her anything, but if we set it in front of her she'll go after it.

When Raegan was like 5-8 weeks old she seemed to be colicky every evening, until one week she wasn't. We thought she had grown out of it, but then the next week it started back up. I figured out that the one week she hadn't been colicky was the one week when I forgot to buy peanuts at the grocery store. (Right after I had Raegan I was downing peanuts multiple times a day, thinking they'd be a good source of protein, since nursing and very little sleep were draining me of energy! ) We talked with the doctor about it and she said its possible Raegan may have a peanut sensitivity and that when I was eating them it was bothering her. So last night (nearly 8 months later) we went to Texas Roadhouse and I had a couple peanuts. BAD IDEA!
Raegan was up multiple times during the night crying and nothing would soothe her except softly bouncing her and walking around, so that's what I did for a long time last night. Then she calmed down and I set her in her swing in her room for a little while, and laid on the floor in case she needed me. 20 - 30 minutes later she was throwing up. Needless to say it was a VERY long night and I may have got 4 hours or so of sleep. This morning when Philip woke us up to say bye before he left for work, he was like why is she wearing different clothes? Must be nice to sleep through the night, I thought to myself.

So we're taking it easy today, its actually after lunch on Saturday and I'm still in pajamas, but I did do some serious cleaning this morning around the house and Raegan and I have watched Baby Signing Time at least 6 times this morning!
See the sign behind Raegan and I in the picture... I'll remember that next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment