Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pulling the plug

So this was officially our first week without any cable tv. We decided that once basketball was over we'd cancel it (at least for the summer). I guess I didn't even realize how much we watched it until now when we can't. I've had to be creative in finding things to do, especially on days when I'm home with Raegan all day! We've been spending a lot more time outside and more time reading books!Philip decided he'd have to find some way to watch sports since we don't have cable, so he's become a little league umpire for teams in Norman. Raegan and I went out and watched him last night. I took my camera but forgot that I had taken the battery out to charge it, so I didn't get any pictures, but will try again next time so you can see calls. This was his first week of games, but he's already doing a great job and I'm glad he's enjoying it!

Right now Raegan is taking a nap and I'm waiting on the plumber. Philip had to show me how to use the plunger yesterday for the first time. I've always had one, just never had to use it. Anyways both the toilets in our house aren't working and the sinks are making funky noises. I'm hoping its something they can fix easily and that Raegan didn't drop something down one of them when I wasn't looking! Once they leave I'm planning on taking Raegan to the Orr Family Farm http://orrfamilyfarm.com/index.php this afternoon. We are also going to go to the library to get some new books. Raegan loves books!

Well the plumbers got here and then told me they had bad news and that it looked like our main line was broken. Last week there was a trenching company out behind our house with a bulldozer machine looking thing and I thought it was weird how close to our back fence he was so I took a couple of pics including the one you see below. The plumbing company noticed the turned up dirt and a broken pipe behind our house and said whoever was doing that work must have broke our main line and the cost to fix it would be from $2500 - $3000! So now I'm waiting on a guy from that trenching company to come out and look at it, because the plumber said since they broke it they should pay to have it fixed.
On a brighter note, look how pretty our roses are!Well I wrote all that earlier today and didn't have a chance to post because things got a little hectic. The owner of the trenching company came over, apologized and then went and got his tools and spent a couple hours fixing it. He said he must of hit it when he was digging the trench for AT&T's Uverse lines. Anyways he was super nice and even reimbursed me for the $104 we had to pay to the plumbers for telling us what the problem was. Then the fence people finally showed up to fix our fence that has been swaying with this Oklahoma wind for sometime now. So at points of the day we could see straight into our neighbors yard as they had parts of the fence down while they were putting in metal posts. Oh and the yard guys came out today too, they didn't come last Saturday like they were suppose to. It had rained a couple of days so we assumed they were just running behind, so it had been two weeks since our yard had been mowed. We paid that lawn company to fertilize the yard too, but its still not green!?!
Despite all the happenings outside of our house, Raegan and I still managed to fit in a lil fun today! We did end up going to the Orr Family Farm. Raegan loved the petting zoo, she wasn't scared to pet the animals and reach her hands out to touch them. She also got to ride on a carousel and a train for the first time today! We had lots of fun! We also stopped by the library to return books and rented 8 more. I set Raegan down in the children's area and went to pick out some books, I turned around and she had crawled up on a chair and was sitting ON the table. She's a brave little girl.

Here are a couple more pics and I'm off to bed, I'm posting from Philip's computer because mine won't connect to our wireless network for some reason. Once he figures out what is wrong with mine, I'll upload more pics from my camera to share.This is a basket in our guest bathroom that I usually keep Raegan's bath towels in, recently she has decided its a fun place to crawl into.

No comments:

Post a Comment