Friday, November 12, 2010

Get out there and volunteer!

I believe I have been blessed beyond measure and one thing that helps me to remember that and keep a grounded perspective is volunteering.  It makes me feel good -- that's not why I volunteer but definitely a nice benefit. Earlier this week while I was reading to 1st and 2nd graders at Positive Tomorrows, a school here in OKC for homeless children, a little girl held her arms out real big and said, "I want a hug." So of course I gave the precious little one a big hug, probably the most meaningful work I did all day!
 
Some places/organizations I have volunteered at/for are:
Midland Memorial Hospital
Midland Police Department
Midland Teen Court
Southwest Children's Museum
Keep Midland Beautiful
City of Midland Aquatics
Fellowship Community Church
United Way
March of Dimes
Talitha Koum
Steppin' Out
Highland Baptist Church
Positive Tomorrows
Junior Achievement
Journey Church
Meadow Run HOA

You can search for places to volunteer using google or you may want to check out this website:
http://www.volunteermatch.org/

You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment