Saturday, November 13, 2010

19 month update

Just realized I didn't share a post about Raegan's 19 month update. Raegan turned 19 months old on October 24th...

Some new words:
outside
two
ten
help
apple sauce
thank you
papa

This past month marked the first time Raegan lied to me...  She's pretty good at telling me when she is going or when she needs her diaper changed (that was the cleanest way I could word that)... anyways, she was sitting in her highchair eating yogurt and I could tell she needed her diaper changed, I asked her a couple of different ways and each time she'd pause and then tell me "uhhh, uhhh" not a no, but definitely not a yes.  Philip says it won't be the last time she lies to me... I hope she and I can have an open relationship and be able to trust each other.  I've had lots of friends who often lied to their parents about what they were doing or who they were with, but I usually felt comfortable telling my parents everything, sometimes I probably shared too much ; )

I've visited Raegan's class a couple times recently and sat in there with her for awhile.  She plays so well with her friends in class.  Its so amazing to see 8 little people interacting together and talking to each other in their own little language.  They play house and the girls carry around babies; they pull their own chairs up to the table when its time to eat and sit around the table eating and laughing together as if they were at a dinner party and when they are done eating they pick up their plate and carry it to the trash and then use their napkin to clean the spot at the table where they were sitting. 

Raegan can throw a ball pretty well and is working on learning how to kick it.  When she hurts herself she usually doesn't cry just comes to me with her head sticking forward or hand out (or whatever body part she hurt) and says "muah" which means "mommy kiss it."

She used to loves Gerber yogurt melts and would stick five of them in her mouth at a time, but the other day after church while we were in the car I offered them to her and she said "no, thats for babies" I looked at Philip and was like "did you just hear that!"  Yep we both heard it, she hasn't touched or asked for any more since...

Here's a pic of our little wild woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment