Monday, February 7, 2011

Snowmageddon 2011

The Good


Raegan learned how to say two new words: snow and ice!


We bought firewood from a local seller and had many fires (no worried Ricki not the bad kind ;)
(picture above isnt of our fireplace just borrowed from google images)

Lots of hot chocolate!
and baking chocolate chip cookies!

Quality time with family!
Oh and Raegan has made tremendous headway in potty training, which has been great since the shipping on the wipes we ordered online got delayed 4 days due to the weather!

The bad:

ok so this isn't my car, but this was very similar to my situation when I tried to go to work on Friday after our snow on Monday night/Tuesday... Philip's car was behind mine and when I was trying to leave our subdivision my wheels just started spinning and my car started rolling backwards.  Philip and the guy (Darren) who was in the line behind us got out of their vehicles and tried pushing my suv, but it just kept rolling backwards, I was afriad I was going to roll over them!  Then  Philip suggested I back up as far as I could and then go forward and just keep going onto the main road and not slowing down at the stop sign, so all 7 of the cars (now behind me) had to back up in order for me to back up and then when I switched to drive and pressed the gas my tires just spun but I didn't go anywhere.   I ended up getting out of my car and Philip got in mine and manuevered it out of the subdivision onto the main road and I ran/tiptoed on the ice out of the subdivision and jumped in my car.  Gosh I don't know what I'd do without that man! There's just some things (i.e. shoveling ice off the driveway, starting a fire, getting a stuck car out of the snow) that women weren't made to do.  (not trying to be sexist here ladies)

And the Ugly:
For some reason when its cold I can't seem to look cute, ok I really can't even look decent.  I wake up frigid, even with our house temp set on 72 degrees and just start layering on ugly unmatching pieces of heavy clothing.  I end up looking like I got dressed in the dark.  I wish I'd just get up and put on a (as in 1) nice pair of warm pants and a warm sweater, instead of tights plus thermal socks, plus at least one pair of pants, a tank top, a long sleeved shirt, a tshirt, oh and just to top it off a Baylor sweatshirt.  I probably weigh 10 lbs more after all this! lol!

I really, really, REALLY miss summer!
Please come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment