Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Spirit

I just want to take a minute to let everyone know how awesome my husband is.  I know it may seem like I do this a lot, but I don't feel like I do it nearly enough.

Last Sunday we took Cameron to his first church service.  Raegan didn't want to go into her 'older 3s' class because her best friend, Reese, wasn't there.  So of course her daddy who is wrapped around her little finger asked one of the teachers in the 2 year old room where our neighbor, Payton, was if Raegan could go in there.  They of course let her, and since she is so little she fit right in with the two year olds. 

After church  we made our first grocery trip with 2 children.  I was so thankful to have Philip with me, because I'm not sure it would have gone as smoothly without him.  He's so good at getting us in and out of there quickly, because he doesn't get as distracted as I do.  But it was on our way out of the grocery store that Philip really impressed me. 

While we were shopping an older man came up from behind us holding Raegans big, red, velvet bow and said I think this may be yours.  It must have fallen out of her side ponytail when she got so excited that I was letting her get Perry fruit snacks.  We thanked him for picking it up and bringing it to us. 

Probably 20 minutes later we were in the checkout lane and that same elderly man with a Christmas tree box in his shopping cart and his wife in a motorized chair with canned goods in her basket were behind us.  I wouldn't have even noticed, but Philip did and quietly asked the cashier to add a giftcard to our purchase but to apply it to the elderly couple's purchase.  She looked at him a little oddly (like this isn't Starbucks, no one does pay it forward at Walmart).  Then she looked at the couple, I wonder if she thought they might be our grandparents, since I was putting the lady's cans from her basket and up on the belt for her. 

The couple didn't know Philip bought a giftcard to pay for their shopping trip that day and we left without getting to see the expression on their faces when they found out, but that's okay because it sure did feel good to give to someone when they weren't expecting it. 

I'm so thankful for a husband who gives so much to others and always thinks of others above himself.  I'm proud to be his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment