Sunday, August 11, 2013

Raegan recently


Raegan always has to have her picture taken when I take Cameron's monthly pictures.  So above is where she jumped in the recliner after him and gave me a big smile.  Raegan is growing up so fast.  Everyday she amazes me with how much she knows and how much she can remember.  I honestly think she may have a photographic memory.  Raegan is enjoying our new home, but misses her old friends A LOT.  She talks about them often.  Yesterday we had the following conversation:
Raegan: Why did Trenton always kiss me at school?
Me: I dunno
Raegan: He's not suppose to do that!
Me: Nope
Raegan: Maybe its because he loves me too much!
Trenton was in Raegan's preschool class at All About Kids. She really misses her school friends.  But she will be starting a new school soon and making new friends.  It was difficult for us to find a PreK program that wasn't going to be a repeat of what Raegan already learned last year.  But we did find one and Raegan got accepted and is very excited to start soon!  I was able to order nearly all of her school supplies online.  We did end up going to try on uniforms though, which I'm glad we did because I was thinking of buying size 5 so that she wouldn't out grow them quickly, but at the store even a 4 fell right off of her.  So we bought size 3 and have plenty of room to grow. Miss Petite.


This summer Raegan has been a huge help playing with and watching her brother.  Anytime Cameron gets near something he shouldn't like a fan or cord, which seem to be the things he is most interested in, Raegan will yell "Mom Cameron's doing something he's not suppose to!"  She's good at sharing with him and loves to make him laugh.  She's a wonderful big sister.  One of my concerns about our new home was not having a gate around the pool.  That worry has been eased as Raegan impressed us all by already learning how to swim.  So my toddler (can I still call her that?) who cries when water gets in her eyes in the bathtub, can now swim underwater the entire width of the pool.  She'll even jump in and swim underwater to whoever is nearby.  She's working on her front and back flips underwater I tried to teach her.

While shes growing up, she still says things that remind me she's still my baby like:
"just one people" instead of just one person and "how much does it pay" instead of how much does it cost.  

Although its only August Raegan asked me yesterday if we could make a list to tell Santa she wanted Hello Kitty things from Target.  While we were at Target the other day she started to pray with her hands clasped in front of her to Santa.  We've been trying to explain that we don't pray to Santa, but that we could make him a list instead.  One day Raegan was upset that I set her breakfast down at the wrong spot at the table and she wanted me to move it, when I told her she could do it, she walked away.  I told her that if she needed to go pout she could go to the stairs (her timeout spot).  She said, "I'm going to pray to Jesus, because I love him more than you, I love him to the sun and back!"  

So thankful for this sweet, entertaining little princess!  

No comments:

Post a Comment