Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Painting


When Philip gets his mind set on a project there's no stopping him.  So one day he decided to "touch up" a few places around the house with paint he found in the garage, unfortunately it was flat paint for the ceilings and made the touch up spots more noticeable.  So we decided we would have to paint basically the whole downstairs to fix it!  

Colors, colors, colors why are there so many color options for paint. We had at least 20 different sample jars/cans of paint to test out before I could make up my mind.  

Picking up a couple of Benjamin Moore paint samples:
Testing samples on our wall speckled with drywall splattering a from a ceiling patch we've had retouched up 4 times (not exaggerating).
Valspar's purple basil is the color I ended up going with for one wall in my master bath it's bold and dark but I figured my master bath is one place I could go with something like that!  Benjamin Moore's grape juice was too maroon for me. 
Then a crew of three painters came out for two days and went to work. We chose Sherwin Williams Barcelona beige as our main neutral throughout the downstairs. 
In the entry way here it doesn't look much darker than our original paint but in the hallways it looks quite a bit darker than before. 

We went with Sherwin Williams restrained gold for our game room and a half bathroom.  I think the light gold looks good with our Baylor decor. 
We also added a new sectional, rug, projector/screen, and skii ball machine to the game room so that room is coming together nicely! 
We changed out the mirror in this half bath after painting and I like the way it turned out! 

While all this chaos I mean progress was going on, we sent the kiddos to Philips parents house for the week.  I'll post photos from their week soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment