Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day weekend

Saturday Philip's parents came in town and we swam and cooked out fajitas.  They stayed the night so that Philip and I could leave for Waco the next morning.

We got to Waco by lunch time and are at Food for Thought (one of my favorites during my college years).  It took over 30 minutes to get our food but once we did it was delicious and totally worth the wait!

After lunch we walked to the Baylor bookstore along with at least a hundred other people as it made for a great place to run into old friends under air conditioning!  After shopping we walked over to common grounds for our favorite frozen Snickers coffee treat! Here's a pic from the porch swing at common grounds:

And turn the camera around:
I've seen many pictures of the new stadium, but it truly was awesome to see it in person!  This pic was before we crossed over the bridge:
We were there early enough to watch the unveiling of the RGIII statue! RGIII was everywhere at this game, he have a speech here before the game, ran out before the football players through the Baylor line, led the stadium in an opening prayer, and "directed" the band at half time.

Here's a cool photo I found that shows Philip at the game.  It must have been taken when I was stranding in line for at least 45 minutes for food. 


The first quarter of the game was awesome, I missed most of the 2nd, and then the second half of the game was just really sad because I felt sorry for SMU.  I remember Baylor's football team while I was in school, pretty pitiful to be honest.  So it doesn't really feel like it could be real that our team appears to be so good and our fans so hyped and our stadium so very nice!

We had a great time and I'm glad Philip talked me into attending the very first Baylor game at McLane stadium!







No comments:

Post a Comment