Sunday, June 27, 2010

Another week... another blog

Friday Raegan and I met some friends at the splash park, we spent nearly 2 hours there and despite her 50spf sunscreen Raegan got her first suntan lines on her shoulders. Just a good base tan for our lake trip coming up, which I am super excited about!!! For dinner Friday night Philip cooked out chicken and corn on the cob, check out this picture of Raegan eating corn on the cob... She devoured it! I can't say I blame her though it was delicious!!!
After an early morning grocery trip Saturday, we went to our HOA meeting and the neighborhood BBQ that followed... Philip joined the Board of the HOA, because he wants to have a say in the parks & recreation committee and I joined my 2nd social committee of the week (I don't know what has come over me :) Also, Raegan met two little girls that are both very close to her age that live in our neighborhood. Its fun to see them interact together, they would be smiling and giggling at each other and then one would try to take the other's sippy cup and an outbreak of "mine" and "no, no" and swinging little arms would happen. Then we'd tell them to be nice and they'd give each other a hug ; ) Raegan is such a social butterfly!

Saturday afternoon I met a friend from church to attend "Shake for Jake," a Zumbathon to raise money to fight cancer. I realized while I was putting on my tennis shoes that I really hadn't "worked out" much at all since I found out I was pregnant with Raegan (that was like Sept 2008!) and even though I don't weigh anymore than I did when I used to work out, I am so not in shape! So this was my first time to try Zumba. For those of you out there you don't know what Zumba is, you should check it out... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zumba

Benefits of my first ZUMBA experience:
  • great workout
  • good music
  • fun
  • for a good cause (to support Jake's fight against cancer)
  • couple of hours of "me" time
This weekend I also thought of another benefit of Raegan attending daycare is she learns from many people. For example, I didn't know Raegan knew where her eyes were, until I asked her at dinner Sunday night if she wanted more "ice" and she pointed to her eyes, lol.
Another cute thing Raegan has recently started doing is pretending to blow her nose. She will take a tissue and cover her mouth and nose and then fake cough. She is trying to make the sound she hears when someone blows his/her nose, but she hasn't quite figured it out yet. She's a funny little girl. Anyways we are looking forward to a wonderful relaxing vacation at the lake. More stories to come soon!

Couple of videos from this week... Sorry for my horrible commenting (I didn't know Philip was recording with his new iphone)

No comments:

Post a Comment