Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mid Summer weekend

Its the weekend!



Philip took this video of Raegan Friday evening, because he was impressed with how well she was eating mashed potatoes with her spoon. After Raegan went to bed we watched Rendition, it was a pretty good movie, gotta love Netflix!

Saturday, Raegan and I got out and did some shopping and then visited PetsMart... she would squeal everytime she saw a dog. There were a couple of rescued dogs there for adoption and I thought the little white one would be a good addition to our family, so when Philip got off work I took him up there to see what he thought... we didn't get it : ( I'm not really sad though. I'm not sure if I could handle the responsibility of a dog right now... Saturday morning when Raegan and I got home a man from the yard company was mowing our yard and I noticed three little heads bobbing up and down in the back seat of his truck. It was probably over 100 degrees outside so my first thought was these kids need popcicles! lol! We went out to give them popcicles and I was glad to see that at least the air conditioner was running in the truck so they were ok and happy about the popcicles. We went back in and I made lunch for Raegan and I and watched her grin and giggle. Made me think about how fortunate we are and how much I want the best for Raegan.


This weekend we also took a walk around the neighborhood I saw a tree in one of our neighbor's front yards that looked something like this one.

Anyways I told Philip that I thought that the purple blooms were very pretty and said, "I wonder what kind of tree that is?" We continued on our walk and on our way back around, that neighbor was standing in his front yard, so I asked Philip if he would ask him what kind of tree it was, he wanted me to ask and then eventually agreed to do it. So this is what he asks, "Is that a crepe myrtle there?"
me thinking:WHAT, did he know what kind of tree it was the whole time! Crepe Myrtle does he have like igoogle in his brain or something, where'd he come up with that?'
Neighbor: "Why yes and its not even in full bloom yet, you see...."
Moral of the story: My husband is even smarter than I thought ; )
Sunday Philip hooked us up with suite tickets to a Redhawks baseball game. We invited his leadership team and their families for the game. We had popcorn, peanuts, and hamburgers and the Redhawks won 17 - 6. Although you can't tell in this picture, Raegan wasn't scared of Rowdy the Redhawk; she liked him. Thanks Philip for taking us!

No comments:

Post a Comment