Sunday, July 25, 2010

We love weekends!

I honestly love what I do, auditing. I know it sounds like I just sit and crunch numbers, but theres a lot more to auditing. Basically, I get to look at other people's work and make sure they did it right and if not I get to tell them they did it incorrectly. I get to work a lots of different companies and meet new people and learn new things everyday. I work a flexible schedule, meaning I get 75% of my pay and work 75% of the time. I can also work from home when I need to. Many times I get so involved in work that I end up working on my time off and Philip has to remind me that I'm on a flexible work arrangement. However, I also really enjoy spending time with my family and our weekends.

Friday night we took our "cutest catch" to Red Lobster, since Discover graciously sent us a $10 giftcard in the mail ; ) Raegan enjoyed looking at the live lobster in the tank and coloring on the kids menu. Philip got some kind of trio of shrimp meal (that's a lot of shrimp) and I of course got one of the only non-seafood meals on the menu, maple glazed chicken. I'm just not a big seafood fan. I know fish is really good for you, so I'd love to find some that I like, but I'm too scared to order a whole plate of it, if I don't know if I'll like it or not.

We had some friends, Jake & Kelly, over for dinner Saturday night. Kelly used to be Philip's night manager and Jake is a security guard at the mall, they got married this past November. Saturday night they came over to play with Raegan (aka get their baby fix). Then my aunt Heather, her friend Claudia and my cousins Kierra & Katelyn stopped in on their way home for a couple of hours to play with Raegan. So we had a late night and slept in ('till 7ish) Sunday morning.

We also decided we are going host a block party. The church provided 20 plastic cups, name tags, 30 doorhanger invites, and thank you cards. We passed out invites today and we are going to have the party this Friday! ahhhhh! ok just breathe all I have to do is make sure the backyard gets mowed on Thursday, the porch gets cleaned, borrow tables and chairs from the HOA, find shade, find activities to entertain guests, keep track of RSVPs, get hamburgers, hotdogs, buns, ketchup, mustard, mayo, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, chips, drinks, ice, a cooler, paper plates, plastic silverware, fans, music, ant killer, cookies, and a trash can. Gosh I hope I'm not forgetting something!?!

We found out today that the President and his wife, the Secretary, of our HOA go to our church, cool! They volunteered to help us with the party, yea, and guess what they have tents to put over the tables and a blow-up jumpy thing for the kids! woohoo! I'm pumped!

I'll definitely be sure to share pictures!

PS - Did I mentioned that Philip bravely killed the mouse this weekend! yea, hopefully that's the end of that problem!


Hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment