Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday

I heard this song in the car today.. its called Mr. Mom


Philip does a great job at helping take care of and playing with Raegan as well as helping out around the house, but I still find myself very busy! So my Monday started out with waking up before Philip and Raegan to start cinnamon rolls baking (yes that would be the Pillsbury Cinnabon ones out of a can), I threw on an outift for the day, then Raegan woke up and I changed her diaper, took her pajamas off, and set her in her highchair for breakfast. After breakfast I ironed Raegan's yellow polka dot dress and got her dressed. Philip left for work, I put a little makeup on and a clip in my hair and then tried to comb Raegan's wild hair. After misplacing my keys a couple of times we finally made it out the door and I dropped her off at daycare. Today was my flex day but I worked from home on some things for work this morning, then unloaded the dishwasher, made myself lunch, picked up some of Philip's clothes off the floor, cleaned a toilet, put away some of Raegan's toys, and then headed to Norman for a nice coffee date with a good friend. I had a couple of errands to run after getting coffee, so Philip picked up Raegan for me and when I got home she ran and gave me a big hug! She gives the best hugs!

We went on a walk as a family around our neighborhood before dinner and then at dinner Raegan showed us that she knows the sign language sign for 'please' when she signed 'please' then 'more' then said chips. She amazes us with how smart she is. Its obvious that she is thinking in sentences now. She also recognizes pictures in her books and points to things she knows (blueberries), shows us the sign for them (hat) or makes their sound (zzzzzzz). Today we watched Wheel of Fortune and at the end when the crowd was cheering because the contestant won, she started clapping and then put her hand up for me and Philip to give her high fives, without us initiating any of it. She's known the song "if you're happy and you know it" for a long time now, but now she even recognizes it if Philip whistles the tune and she will clap and point to her cheeks at the right times : ) ok maybe I should stop bragging...lol... but I just want to remember all these things that seem like a big deal right now that one day will just be "normal."
Before I stop, here's a video of little miss, I had just asked her to put her diapers away and then Philip started this video...


Speaking of smart Philip and I decided to take an online IQ quiz each individually last night, he scored 12 points higher than I did, which on an IQ test is a lot. I'm glad I have such a smart husband, but my competitive nature was a lil jealous he did better than me!

Hope you had a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment