Saturday, July 23, 2011

Big Wheels

Friday evening we met our friends to cheer on their daughter, Ashley, in the Big Wheels Competition.  Here's a video I took of the 5 year old heat of the race Ashley was in. She did great and was the first girl across the finish line!



After the race we went inside to cool off and stood in line for at least an hour (seriously) to get Raegan's face painted.  In the car she told me she wanted to write on her face, I figured face painting was a good alternative.  However, once we finally got up to the front and it was her turn, she wouldn't let the face painter touch her face at all.  She covered her face with her hands and turned her head away.  At one point we thought it might work when she told him "no white, I want that blue," I thought ok, so as long as she's in control of the color scheme we can get this done, but after the nice face painter switched his brush to blue, she had a change of mind.  So I guess we can say we tried.  Too bad too the face painter was actually really really good.  I should've got mine done, I mean who doesn't want a big butterfly painted on their face.

Anyways, it was a great atmosphere filled with boon bounces, free food, sno-cones, and hyper kiddos.  Raegan had a good time and held Marisol's hand while we walked back to the car (a first as these two, who are a year apart in age, usually won't even hug goodbye). 

No comments:

Post a Comment