Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lake Trip 2011

Due to the thought of having to pay an additional $400 for a plane ticket for our two year old, we decided that instead of visiting Lake Bruin this year we would rent a lake house on Lake Lewisville.  We found a place online that slept 8, planned some dates and booked it right away.  It was so nice to have a get away not far from home.  We got there early on Thursday, after visiting a new daycare that morning (but that's another story in itself), Philip was in a 'I don't care' mood as far as food went so I decided we'd go to La Hacienda Ranch, mainly because everytime I'm in Texas I have to have mexican food! I miss it so much!  And it was AMAZING! Philip thought it was probably the most expensvie lunch he's ever had though - hey we're on vacation ; )

Philip's mom met us at the lake and brought more food in her SUV than is normally in my kitchen!  Our friends Kasey and Rob and their two little ones who live near by joined us for Chicken Spaghetti and swimming later that evening. 
This mat can be found at http://www.thewatermat.com/ they are expensive, but super fun and you don't have to blow them up or even take it out of the water when you are done playing.  One night my mom, Raegan and I were sitting out on it when I slapped the water with my hand and hundreds of minows came flipping up on the mat.  We scurried to splash them back into the water, screaming and laughing the whole time! If we ever have a lake house i think on of these would be a must as I love to layout on the water.

Friday evening my parents and Ron got in town and we had mexican stackups (aka fancy nachos) and took another dip in the lake - check out this sunset God gave us, gorgeous! We stayed up and played Quelf - a silly game we like, but I'm pretty sure our parents thought we were nuts!
 We got up early Saturday morning (I don't know why its necessary to say "early" we always get up early, Philip's parents, mine, and of course Miss Raegan).  Jerry the owner of the lakehouse we rented took us out on a tour of the lake (an history/educational lesson) Saturday morning.  Jerry, 50ish year old grandpa, was set on taking us to the cool hang outs including Party Cove and Sneaky Petes... We stopped and swam in paarty cove and Raegan even got to take over the boat when we were coasting through no wake zones.  She loved being on the boat!
 We ate lunch and took a long nap after the boat ride and then played golf toss, dominoes and cooked out that evening.  Raegan really enjoyed spending time with her "two papas!"  After check out on Sunday, we took Raegan to a park to play for a short while before heading to see my aunt Earlene and her husband Jack.  I hadn't seen them since my grandpa's funeral in 2007.  We all went for the Sunday brunch at Sneaky Pete's, which by the way is a pretty neat place I'd like to visit again next time we are down that way.  Luckily our drive home wasn't too long, but Philip and I still split it up since we were both pretty tired, aren't vacations weird in that way you go away to rest and relax but somehow always manage to come back tired.  Speaking of which its about time for our Sunday afternoon nap, so I better get going.  This afternoon we are taking Raegan to her visit movie in a theatre, Winnie the Pooh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment