Friday, August 13, 2010

CRAZY WEATHER!


Today was the hottest day of the year for our city with a temp of 104 degrees and it was HOT. Being outside felt like walking through a furnace (not that I have ever walked through a furnace, but the wind felt the same as when I open the oven that has been cooking food at 400 degrees. I'm really not exaggerating; I'm a summer person I grew up in the west Texas heat.

We've had seriously crazy weather so far this year including:
A Christmas blizzard (which thankfully we mainly avoided by getting out of town just before it started and Philip was able to drive back home right after they reopened the interstate. I borrowed these pics)

January Icestorms
Ordinary run of the mill tornadoes (this pic is one of the many in May, which thankfully we were in Dallas at the time. The tornado went right through our town, but jumped over our subdivision)
Hail storms of biblical proportions (this hail storm produced hail as big as softballs and that came down hard enough to break windows, go through roofs, and leave deep rivets in the yard)




This summer's hot weather has torched the little bit of landscaping we have. I trimmed and watered our thirsty rose bushes this morning. Our new tree went into shock and lost almost all its leaves, but is now improving a lil with some TLC. Even the weeds are dying; I took this pic with my iphone, the top of the weed is black like it has been burnt by the sun!



No comments:

Post a Comment